Micellar Water vs. Makeup Wipes – Which One Should You Be Using?
Get ready for the ultimate matchup between Micellar Water vs. Makeup Wipes, where we break down the pros and cons of each one, and ultimately help you decide which is the best makeup remover for you.
Makeup Wipes: Convenient, But Not Great for Your Face
Our first contender is an old-school favourite: makeup wipes. We totally understand the appeal of these pre-soaked, pre-packaged towelettes (who has never wanted a lazy way to remove makeup!?) but the truth is there are some downsides. Before we get into that, let’s go over the benefits:
Pro’s of Makeup Wipes
- Convenient, easy to use
- Familiar product
- Can be found in hotel bathrooms across Canada
Seems pretty straightforward … so why are makeup wipes bad? Here’s what makes this product a no‑no:
Cons of Makeup Wipes
- Can only do one thing: help remove makeup
- Many require washing your face after
- Often contain alcohol and harsh ingredients, which can strip and irritate skin
- Generate lots of waste (single-use wipes, plastic packaging)
- Face wipes can leave behind makeup, oil and dirt which can lead to clogged pores and breakouts
So, are makeup wipes bad for your skin? Let’s put it this way: they’re definitely not doing you or the planet any favours.